Rushing is seeking an enthusiastic, highly organized, self-driven sustainability consultant to join our team.
Rushing is a Seattle based mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) engineering and sustainability consulting firm. Our firm is founded on the principles that a multi-disciplinary approach is critical in evaluating building performance from a whole-building perspective. Our passion lies in problem solving, unearthing unexpected solutions, and building longstanding relationships with our clients. See our website for more info: rushingco.com.
The Sustainability Studio provides holistic sustainability consulting including green building protocol management, strategic planning, integrative design, and workshop facilitation.
This individual will contribute to our full spectrum of sustainability work, with a focus on documenting the certification of LEED, Built Green, and Living Building Challenge projects. We are seeking a team member who is passionate about sustainability and willing to learn and ask questions.
- Act as a critical team member in providing Rushing’s clients with the right data and tools to identify the sustainability solutions best suited for their projects.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external clients to compile data and compliance paths for green building protocols and codes.
- Develop and compile documentation for pursuit of green building protocol certifications (LEED, Built Green, ESDS, Living Building Challenge, WELL, Fitwel, etc.).
- Review of sustainability related construction submittals.
- Develop and present reports, meeting notes, and other documents for communicating recommendations and/or sustainable design processes.
- 4-year college degree+ in architecture, engineering, environmental studies or a related field.
- Knowledge of the most prevalent green building protocols—LEED, Living Building Challenge, Built Green.
- Excellent organizational, detail-oriented and time management skills.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Experience with documentation and verification process for LEED, Living Building Challenge, Built Green.
- 1-5 years work experience in engineering, architecture, or related discipline, with a sustainability emphasis.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural/mechanical plans and construction documents.
- An understanding of building science and building envelope design.
Position is full-time. Salary is dependent on experience. Rushing provides a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, paid vacation, and personal days, 401(k) with company match and an EAP program. Rushing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Sustainability Consultant in the subject line. No phone calls, please. No recruiters or agents, please.