Rushing is seeking a dynamic, self-driven administrative assistant and construction administrator to join our team.
Rushing is a Seattle based MEP (mechanical, electrical and plumbing) engineering and sustainability consulting firm. Our firm is founded on the principles that a multi-disciplinary approach is critical in evaluating building performance from a whole-building perspective.
The administrative assistant will support the technical staff and executive team.
- 3+ years of administrative support experience with increasing responsibility required.
- Associates and/or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in the engineering or architectural industry strongly preferred.
- Experience with construction administration preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite: Word 2003-2010, Outlook, Excel, Windows Explorer and related ancillary programs.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions.
- Commitment to a culture of excellence. Ability to take ownership of processes and projects.
- Professional and pleasant demeanor. Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, co-workers, clients, and vendors in a clear, concise and courteous manner.
- Intuitive problem-solving and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to self-start, remain focused and juggle multiple tasks with little direct supervision.
- Coordinate construction administration: distribute submittals, RFIs, and ASIs; track and compile reviewer comments; follow up on comments to submittals, drawings and spec reviews.
- Create, prepare, format, revise, proof and print a variety of written material.
- Assist with marketing and contract management.
- Create and modify various documents using Microsoft Office.
- Coordinate meetings and conference calls as needed.
- Coordinate travel arrangements as needed.
- Answer multi-line telephone system promptly and use good judgment to prioritize the distribution of messages in a timely manner to support an office of 80+ staff.
- Prepare meeting materials and assist with development of PowerPoint presentations.
- Responsible for keeping inventory of all office supplies and placing orders for replenishment as needed.
- Reconcile monthly credit cards and expenses.
- Receive and prepare documents and packages for courier/delivery/US Postal Service.
- Coordinate lunches and/or coffee for meetings.
- Report building maintenance issues, copier/printer/telephone issues and parking issues to the proper contacts.
- Respond to general issues when approached by Rushing staff or clients.
- Open and close office.
- Occasional lifting/moving of office furniture (up to 30 pounds)
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to photocopying, scanning, faxing, mail distribution and filing.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as required.
Position is full-time (mandatory 8-5 p.m. schedule), hourly, and non-exempt. Salary range: $25-$28/hour. Rushing provides a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, paid vacation, and personal days, 401(k) with company match and an EAP program. Rushing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with administrative assistant in the subject line. No phone calls, please. No recruiters or agents, please.