This is the fourth session in the Code Dependent series.
AIA Seattle’s Codes Committee presents its fourth and final seminar of 2019. Back by popular demand from last year’s ADU/DADU session, the committee returns after the City of Seattle approved a swath of new legislation relating to their construction citywide.
This session will address common issues for Residential projects: – Land Use – Building Code – Energy Code And specifically address current design issues for Accessory Dwelling Units (ADU)/Detached Accessory Dwelling Units (DADU), home business/office, Substantial Alterations, Existing Non-conforming Conditions and site access and environmentally critical areas (ECA).
This program takes place in a wheelchair-accessible facility, with a zero-step entrance via elevator on Third Avenue, or off the street on Fourth Avenue. Bathrooms are fully accessible with a zero-step entrance on the same floor as our program, as well. Please let us know the best way to contact you in your registration if you require additional accommodations to participate in this program.
- Registration Closes: Monday, December 2, 2019.
- Early Bird Deadline: Monday, November 25, 2019. After this time, the price increases 15%
Class Pass Registration
For Firm Network Partners, the Class Pass will provide registration to this forum for 10 attendees from your firm (both members and non-members), at a discounted rate of 10% off the early member registration price.
Class Pass Registration Closes Monday, December 2, 2019.
Wednesday, December 4, 2019
Seattle City Hall, Bertha Knight Landes
8:00 – 8:30 am Registration + Light Refreshments
8:30 am Program Begins
12:30 pm Program Ends
- Learn about common land use & building code mistakes/issues that come up during local intake & review how to avoid or approach them for a more successful project.
- Learn how to navigate and apply the residential energy code requirements for varying scopes of residential projects, as well as options to go beyond the code minimums for sustainability.
- Learn about the current local and national trends for ADU/DADUs, Substantial Alterations, and Existing non-conforming conditions and all of the code elements needed for design, permitting & construction
- Participants will have the opportunity to discuss about specific land use, building code, and energy code requirements with a panel of Seattle Department of Construction & Inspections staff.
Includes 4 LUs (HSW) + light refreshments
$121.00 AIA Member
$121.00 Government + Partners
Early Bird Deadline: Monday, December 2. After this time, the price increases 15%. Reduced rate options are available, please submit the Continuing Education Scholarship / Reduced Rate Request form via email by Monday, November 25, 2019.
Richard Pellinger, Ordinance & Structural Supervisor, Seattle Department of Construction & Inspections
Bio coming soon
Duane Jonlin, Energy Code & Conservation Advisor, City of Seattle
Bio coming soon
All speakers subject to change. 1-2 more speakers TBD
Cover image courtesy AIA Seattle.