At the 22nd Annual Model Exhibit Opening Reception, get a sneak peek of Symbiosis before it opens to the public. Mingle with industry leadership and meet the designers and architects behind the models featured in the show.
The Seattle Architecture Foundation’s Annual Model Exhibit celebrates the creativity of local and international design firms. Each year, the exhibit displays physical and digital models, architectural renderings, and a variety of other displays that represent the design process. Through this exhibit architectural projects and the tools used to develop them take center stage and connect audiences to the process of architectural design and the role of architecture in our everyday lives.
This year’s theme, Symbiosis, celebrates mutually beneficial relationships – the positive products and constructive outcomes of interdependence. Today’s interconnected world benefits from design based in this holistic concept, where the efficacy of group interaction is greater than the impact of acting alone. An architecture of symbiosis brings disparate entities together in an impactful whole.
*Complimentary program passes are not applicable for this event, however Corporate Members/Sponsors are able to take advantage of their member discount. VIP Passes, provided to Sustained Supporters (3 year sponsors) can be used for this event.
About the Seattle Architecture Foundation
Design shapes communities on many levels, whether we are conscious of its impact or not. Everything we touch, everything we see in the built environment is a product of the design process. Plazas, public spaces, even things often considered natural, like parks and landscaping, are intentionally designed.
The Seattle Architecture Foundation connects people to the architecture, design, and history of Seattle. We believe the more you engage with design, the more you feel connected to your changing city. As a volunteer driven organization, we provide programs which will empower you to make a difference in your community. Below are the standards we bring to our work.
- EDUCATION: Through our educational programs and events, SAF engages youth and adults with the built environment. We explore architecture as a visual record of our collective history, a force that shapes our daily lives, and a blueprint for our future.
- EMPOWERMENT: Connecting the community with its architecture and design instills a lifelong commitment to and responsibility for the built environment. SAF believes an architecturally informed population is better equipped to advocate for design choices that best serve their community.
- EXCELLENCE: SAF provides an opportunity for people to enhance their design knowledge, allowing them to seek and recognize excellence according to their own values and experience. SAF offers the highest quality programs and events, and serves as a community resource for information on the built environment.
- COMMUNITY: The architecture of our communities reflects who we are and who we want to be. Through collaboration with community organizations and our volunteer‐driven programs, SAF facilitates connections and open dialogues between the many diverse voices of our city.
- EQUITY: SAF is committed to racial and social justice, by providing equitable access to our programs, fostering a diverse volunteer corps, offering resources for civic engagement, and creating programs that represent diverse viewpoints within the city of Seattle.
- VOLUNTEERISM: In collaboration with SAF staff, much of our programming is developed and presented by volunteers. It provides opportunities for mentorship through SAF staff, professional development, leadership, and deeper engagement with Seattle’s architectural community.
- INTEGRITY: SAF promotes open communication of all policies, procedures and financial records and is committed to the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct.
Image courtesy Seattle Architecture Foundation.