The Mathematics, Engineering, Science Achievement (MESA) Program together with the Puget Sound Engineering Council (PSEC) invites you to participate in Green River College’s 1st Science and Engineering Mentor Night.
At this event you will be able to share your work and education experiences with our science and engineering students, giving them guidance as they prepare to become the next generation of STEM professionals. Students will have the opportunity of meeting engineering professionals, such as; Structural, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace and Materials Engineering from several Pacific Northwest business fields.
- Meet professional engineers
- Explore opportunities in engineering
- Get advice from professionals
- Learn more about employment in engineering
The Mentor Night provides students the chance to speak in person with engineering professionals on the Green River College campus. No ongoing mentoring relationship is expected. Pizza and refreshments will be provided. Mentors, please bring a sample of your work that fits on a 30″ x 30″ table top for generating discussion with the students.
Event location: MEL LINDBLOOM STUDENT UNION BUILDING, See ‘SU’ orange building on the campus map.
Mentors will be sent a complimentary Parking Pass prior to the event. Parking is located at P1 and P13.
Additional information is available on the PSEC Mentor Nights web page.
For questions please contact Luis Leon, the PSEC Mentor Night Coordinator for this event at email@example.com
About Puget Sound Engineering Council
Puget Sound Engineering Council (PSEC) is an organization comprised of the local chapters of national or international engineering and scientific societies in the Puget Sound area. PSEC exists to increase public awareness and appreciation of engineering, science and technology.
The overall goals of PSEC are to:
- Inform the public on technical matters
- Advance the interests of the member societies it represents as well as those of the larger engineering and scientific community
- Reflect the technical concerns of these societies and of this community
To help foster the mission and goals of PSEC, the organization sponsors several annual events including:
- Inter-Society Officers Workshop
- Engineer’s Fair – February 6, 2016
- Engineers of the Year Awards Banquet
- Mentor Nights for College Students
- Order of the Engineer
Cover image courtesy Green River College.