Call for Home of Distinction Submissions for publication in Seattle magazine
AIA Seattle members and Member Firms are invited to submit innovative residential designs from across the Puget Sound Region to be highlighted in Shelter, a bi-monthly section inside Seattle magazine.
Projects of all scales that were completed in the last five years will be considered for publication, including designs for new or renovated homes of all architectural styles, single rooms, outdoor spaces, and even furniture, hardware, or design objects.
Apply by February 28, 2020.
Each selected Home of Distinction residential design solution will be presented in Shelter and in a seattlemag.com article. Seattle magazine will publish resources to connect their 270,000 readers and 175,000+ monthly website visitors with the architects behind the designs.
Selected projects will also be featured on the AIA Seattle website and social media platforms.
The AIA Seattle Northwest Residential Press Committee and the editors of Seattle magazine will use the criteria below as a foundation for selecting projects for publication.
- Problem-solving: What problems did the project need to address, and how does it solve them?
- Process: What innovative solutions resulted from the design process? Does the project (and its story) demonstrate how architects and homeowners work together to reach design solutions?
- Inspiration: Does the project communicate a story about architecture that is unique and inspiring? How might this project inspire readers to explore design changes in their own homes?
- Sustainable Design: Does the project have specific environmental or energy-efficiency goals, and how are they addressed?
- Integrated Design: Are the design intentions evident at all scales of the project? (from concepts, to details, relationship to surrounding environment, etc)
About AIA Seattle
AIA Seattle believes our world needs the visionary and integrative thinking of architects and designers, and that design solutions can positively impact our communities. That is why we champion the central role of architects in creating and sustaining a better built environment.
About Seattle Magazine
Seattle magazine is the area’s definitive city + regional magazine that helps people get the most out of living in the Puget Sound.
Cover image courtesy AIA Seattle.